100% hand submitted by our team of trained citation builders.
We will have the work completed and your report ready in about 3 weeks.
The Whitespark Citation Building team can currently build citations for companies located in the following countries:
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- South Africa
Sure, if you provide us with working webmail access for the account, we can use it. We need access so that we can verify the submissions as we make them. Note that you’re going to get a TON of spam to this account, so we recommend using an email account that we’ll create for you instead. To include this info, please use the Additional Info field in the spreadsheet or the web form.
We have access to Whitespark’s huge database of sources (over 1 million records), and are able to pick out the top quality sources that appear the most frequently and that have the highest domain authority.
Google performs major Places updates on a 6 to 10 week schedule. So, I recommend setting expectations to 2 months, but it could be quicker depending on when the last update was. Some citation sources might get picked up and counted towards your listing right away though, so you could start seeing ranking increases within weeks. We just recommend expecting at least a couple months to see the impact.
No. Any important listings that require claiming with phone or postcard verification should really be handled directly by the business, or at least by the SEO agency who can coordinate the phone verification calls with the business.
We don’t currently throttle our citation building because we know how Google merges data with their Places index in chunks. We have tested building hundreds of citations in one day vs spreading them out over time and have not found a difference. We don’t believe citation velocity is currently something that Google is considering. That said, Google is getting better and better and aggregating citation data into Places, and this might become a factor in the future.
No, sorry. When you sign up for our citation building service, your payment covers the manual labour that goes into the submission work. We have no control over what happens after we submit a listing. Listings on some sites will go live immediately, other might take a few days, and others might take a few months. Some of these smaller city-specifc and industry-specific sites are managed by a single person who reviews and approves submissions. They can take a long time to work through the submissions. We’ve seen listings go live over a year after we submitted. Typically, about 30% of our submissions will be live when we send you your report, and they will continue to trickle in over the next few months. We expect about 70% of your citations will be live within 4 weeks of receiving your report.
We’ll research your existing citations before starting to see where things are at. We have a HUGE list of quality sources because of our access to Whitespark’s database and our vast experience, so it’s rare that we can’t find enough sources for an order. Still, if we don’t think that we can complete your order, we’ll contact you.
- An automated system that will distribute your listings to their network of about 40 citation sites (the rest are gps/mobile apps).
- US only.
- Only common “generic” citation sources. No options for hyper relevant citations that are specific to your industry or city.
- “Real-time” updates. You can make a change to your listing and see that change “go live” on all of the sites within a couple of hours (on most sites).
- $499, recurring every year.
- When you cancel, the sites in their network may or may not keep the Yext data up. Data from another provider may “resurface” to overwrite the changes you made to your listing. Depends on how each site in their network handles this.
- Manual, by hand submissions.
- We have lists of hundreds of quality citation opportunites in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Germany, Holland, and Singapore.
- We can research citation opportunities specific to your industry and city and get you listed on these sites for local ranking boosts.
- You’ll get a detailed report with usernames/passwords for all sites if you want to make edits to the listings, but those edits would need to be done manually.
- One time fee based on the number of citations you order. To get 50 generic citations with our service would be a one time fee of $200, and those listings would be permanent. For $395 we will get you listed on 80 top generic citation sources and 15 hyper relevant local/niche citations. This is a one-time fee, not recurring yearly like Yext.
- A member of our team will manually check over the data you submit to ensure it is accurate and consistent, and we perform a careful check on every site we submit to to make sure we don’t create duplicates, and to make sure we update/enhance any existing listings we find.